Tuesday, October 12, 2010

House Pics

So I've had a few friends asking (begging...harping...patiently waiting) for me to post some pictures of our new place that we've been working on, since they don't have facebook. So here is one of those long awaited posts! I thought I'd show room by room so that you can see before and after (current) pics. So without further ado, here is the room I spend A LOT of my day in! I had a many ideas for how I wanted my kitchen to look, and with a lot of sweat equity later...I'm glad to say I LOVE it! :) Enjoy a few pictures!

this is the kitchen before

side wall with built in shelves & pantry

starting to tear down...

and everything's gone!! almost...

then we decided to totally start over...and re-drywall everything!

the cabinets are up! my husband lovingly put them in all by himself :)

and we're moved in!! flooring also done by the hubs :) lots to do still...

this is the kitchen...as of tonight :) progress... but still have some finishing touches! and some BAR STOOLS!!! Not an easy thing to find - cheaply at least :)
And sorry for the horrible lighting, it's not usually this "dim" in the kitchen but I had a hard time taking good pictures!

and a view walking in from the garage
You might also notice that the tile backsplash is actually not technically "up" yet, I've laid it there in hopes that it will get done soon...sigh...someday :)


So there you have it...the room I spend most of my time in :)

And I thought just for kicks and giggles...I'd leave you with this lovely picture of my daughter :)

how can you beat that face?? I think the snot dripping from the nose is the best part!:)

7 comments:

Julie said...

I don't think I was one of the friends begging or harping... but I AM glad to see the update. I think your kitchen is just gorgeous, Jenni!! ...and your daughter is pretty cute too (snot and all).

Jen said...

PRAISE THE LORD! An update! And an update with the long-awaited photos to boot! Thank you for sharing...I've been anxiously and patiently (and sometimes impatiently) awaiting a tour of this BEAUTIFUL transformation! Fabulous job! And congrats to your hubby for taking on such big projects by himself - he did great!

The Pennington Point said...

Wow, wow, WOW! I have done this and I know what a huge project it is! You made it looks like 1,2,3, done! LOL! It is gorgeous and you have a great attitude about it. Fabulous job! Lisa~

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I bet you can't help but walk into your kitchen and smile every time. That was a lot of work and it looks great.

Janet said...

What a transformation! Your kitchen is gorgeous. Visiting from Anything Related Party.

Anonymous said...

I love it, not overdone, just perfect! My type of kitchen! LOOOOOVE the dark floor with white cabinets and Im glad you love your new kitchen!!

Unknown said...

What a terrific renovation! We appreciate you stopping by and joining us for Anything Related!
{*Rebekah*}